6/06/2011

Forgiveness

I am grateful for Forgiveness. What an amazing teaching this is. Elder Packer, in this past April General Conference said, "Latter-Day Saints are taught to love one another and to frankly forgive offenses."
I love this quote! I love the word "frankly" that he uses. Not after we sit and think about it, or if we decide that they deserve it, we just have to do it!
I am grateful that people are forgiving, and forgive me for I'm sure the many things that I do wrong each day, and for the things that I (hopefully unintentionally) do or say that could cause offense.
I am grateful that I can forgive, and how great that feels when I do, and get those harsh feelings and grudges out of my life, because then a huge weight is lifted off of my shoulders and I feel so much better, and closer to the spirit. Am I perfect this way? OF COURSE NOT! I have a very hard time sometimes, but I know that when I do allow forgiveness into my heart, my life is so much better, and Heavenly Father blesses me even more!
I am grateful that the Savior forgives us! What an amazing gift that we can repent, and ask for forgiveness, and He will give it to us! I am so grateful for His mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment