2/04/2012

It's the Small Stuff

I am grateful for all the little things in life. I have been trying to look at all these small things that happen everyday in my life that I can be grateful for; and let me tell you, as I have been looking specifically for them, there really are so many! It is amazing to realized how blessed I really am, and how even the small things that don't seem as important really are. It makes me realize even more how much my Heavenly Father loves me, and how even in the little daily things, He wants me to be happy, and helps me make that happen!


Some of the little things I have noticed lately that I am grateful for are:


-A headache that came on after a big event at work, so that I successfully got through the event without the extra added head pressure.
-A kind smile from someone
-A text/note from a friend out of the blue
-A silly joke that makes you laugh in spite of yourself to brighten the day
-A devotional, class, or workshop that seems to talk about just what I am struggling with on a bad day. This is Heavenly Father telling me it's all ok!
-Dreading a Monday workday, but then going and it is actually a good day
-Green traffic lights when you are running late
-Being able to laugh at myself when silly things happen... I've been very clumsy lately!
-Heated seats in my Dad's car
-New friendships
-Change
-When I find lost items in the lost & found at my job and it makes people happy
-Silly phone calls/comments from people that come into my work office that make me laugh
-Getting together with old friends, and it's like no time has passed
-Parties
-New Haircuts!


Well, there are many many other things I'm sure I could write, and maybe I will make another list later. I challenge anyone (all 5 or 6 of you...) that read this to think of the small daily blessings that you receive, and you might be surprised at how many there are!


Here is a picture of me with my new haircut, which I love! (and being silly with my cousins, who I also love love love!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment