11/06/2011

Something Old, Something New...

I am grateful for trying new things! I know that this has taken some getting used to, because I am not always the person who loves change... in fact, it's really not always my favorite. But, its great. And, sometimes, it's really hard for me to go outside my box, and try things that scare me, or make me nervous. But, I've been getting better with age, I think!
Some recent experiences that I have had that have been good for me, and made me glad I tried them:
-Substitute teaching (so scary, especially when I have to teach them math!)
-Working full time (sometimes it's still rough)
-Lots of blind/first dates (this isn't necessarily all recent, but they happen, and are definitely things to learn from...)
-Wake surfing!
Well, I'm sure there are lots more, but I can't think of them right now. I'm sure I will later. I think, that by far, wake surfing was my favorite. I am glad that Jessica and Jim took me out on their boat, and helped me, and talked me into trying this! It was fun, and I wasn't as bad at it as I thought. Overall, I think that getting out of your comfort zone, and trying new things is really a great thing to do. Scary? yes. Hard? yes. But good. Especially for me. Especially now. It's hard not knowing exactly where life is going to go, or what you are going to do, but it will all work out. I have the gospel of Jesus Christ to tell me that. And that is not something that is new, but something that will always be there for me.
Anyway, I will continue to try new things, and be in new situations, because it is great to always be learning, and growing!! So, I think, all (maybe 10 of you) that read this, should take a challenge to step out of your box, and try something new!
Happy Sunday.

This is me wake surfing. See? It's really true!!


No comments:

Post a Comment