11/09/2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

I am grateful for busy days! I know that sometimes I don't always think that, but really, I am. I have had many days at work, or other places that I haven't had a thing to do, and those days draaag on. I love it, (for the most part!) when I have a lot to do, and the day flies by, and I don't know where the time has gone. I know that I have been guilty (many times...) of complaining that I never have "free time" or time to do things that I want to do, but I have noticed that when I am busy, I try to make that extra time for those things that I really want to do.
I thought that when I graduated college, and didn't have homework anymore, I'd have so much free time... and really, a lot of times I do, but I am a different kind of busy nowadays. I am grateful for a full time job that keeps me busy 8 hours a day,and church, family, and friends that keep me busy all the other times. I have noticed in myself that when I keep busy, I focus less on feeling sorry for myself, and that things maybe aren't going exactly the way that I want them to. I also have noticed that when I am busy, I relish the times when I can sit and read, or watch movies, or just do absolutely nothing. So, next time I complain about being busy, I'll have this to look back and read about how I really am grateful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment